Social Hour at Tapatini Restaurant
Sheraton's Social Hour, a first-of-its-kind, premium wine experience, is offered in Tapatini, located in the lobby (next to the Sheraton Link). The program, developed by Wine Spectator's premier wine experts and the Sheraton global food and beverage team, offers guests a curated menu of premium wines and weekly tasting events. The program features wines that are rated 90+ by Wine Spectator, served in Riedel stemware, to ensure that each varietal is presented and artfully enhances the wine's flavor and aroma.
Raise a Glass
Premium wine, including Sheraton Select, an upgraded premium wine menu comprised of a rotation of eight or more wines by the glass, all rated by Wine Spectator.
Designed to create and foster social interaction among guests, Tapatini Restaurant, in the lobby of the hotel, will host evening Social Hour tasting events three times a week featuring two 90+ rated wines from the Sheraton Selects menu as 2 oz. tastings.
Wine Spectator Ratings
Wine Spectator editors review more than 15,000 wines each year in blind tastings, awarding each wine a rating on a 100 point scale. Each tasting begins with a previously rated wine, which is tasted non-blind as a reference point. Other previously rated wines are included among the blind wines to ensure consistency. Wines rated 95-100 are "Classic: a great wine"; 90-94 rated wines are "Outstanding: a wine of superior character and style"; 85-89 is "Very good: a wine with special qualities."
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q- Where does the Sheraton Social Hour take place in San Diego?
- A- Once you arrive at the lobby of the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina, you can find the Sheraton Social Hour at the Tapatini bar directly next to the Link@Sheraton.
- Q- What are the hours?
- A- Sheraton Social Hour begins at 5pm and ends at 7pm every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Q- What if the guest doesn't make it to the bar until after the posted hours?
- A- As long as the Tapatini is open, every guest will be served.
- Q- What is the pricing?
- A- At the Sheraton Social Hour we are offering two 2 ounce tastings for $5.00. That is quite a deal!
- Q- Why don't we offer the Sheraton Social Hour in all of the restaurants?
- A- The Sheraton Social Hour is our way of creating the perfect environment for connecting with friends, and making new ones. The lobby location allows our guests to mingle where they can relax, chat, or just enjoy some amazing wines. With the great wine selection, Reidel glassware, and the specially trained associates, we were able to design the Sheraton Social Hour to be a familiar and warming meeting place.
- Q- Is the Sheraton Social Hour the same as "Happy Hour"?
- A- Similar, but not the same. Unlike many Happy Hour's, Sheraton Social Hour shares with our guests the opportunity to taste and compare some "very good" to "outstanding" wines that leave no room on your palate for liquor or a food component.
- Q- Will there be food?
- A- The original Tapatini menu is always available (for purchase at regular pricing) during the Sheraton Social Hour.